Meet the Spellers - William Barfée (aka Curtis Knecht)


Introducing Curtis Knecht


What is your role in this show? I play William Barfée, a spelling competitor.   William was tragically forced to forfeit the Bee last year and is back to win it all... at any cost.

What is your background in theatre? I've been involved in theatre for over 35 years both onstage and as a director.  I also have a Master of Music degree in voice and pedagogy, so music has also been a large part of my life.  Some of my favorite roles have been Bottom (A Midsummer Night's Dream), Sancho (Man of La Mancha) and the voice of the plant - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors).  This is my first show with ELOPE and I'm very excited to be a part of the Bee.

What is your favourite word to spell, and why? Hasenpfeffer - a rabbit stew often served with sour cream.  There's just something... magical about the word.


Photo Credit: Janine Hodder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!