Fringe - hiatus - further reflection...

Saw a couple more shows yesterday and today. Still walking on a cloud and apparently smiling ridiculously all the time. It's a good feeling - I won't lie. This has been a great fringe for me and it is only a 1/3 over. My choosing from the Program and instinct has panned out alright. I did see one show today that I felt I should recommend highly.

This afternoon the weather gods that I had been praying to gave us a nice overcast afternoon for the 2 hour and 10 minute production of BARE that was playing at 12 noon at the Catalyst theatre. Thus, the hot box was merely warm. The talent onstage, however, was sizzling! What. A. Good. Show. Those of you who know me, know that I am tough on musicals. Because I can do them well, I expect other people to do them well. This group did this show very, very, very well. Gorgeous voices. Wonderful emotional commitment. Everyone knew their journey. Great band. It was well directed and despite multiple settings, the scene changes were quick and never stopped the flow. I spent the last 45 minutes bawling. No one warned me about needing Kleenex. I am warning you. I hope that I can work with some of these terrific people some day (in fact I am wondering why I haven't worked with more of them!!!). Jeff Rivet, Matthew Lindholm, Sarah Horsman, Kayla Gorman, Eric Wigston and all the rest... you blew me away today.

Comments

JeffRivet said…
Thank you so much! I am incredibly proud of this show! The great things you have to say about the show pulled on some heart strings! Much love!
-Jeff

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!