A Work in Progress...

Okay, in the latest Oprah magazine they said that Bloggin can help you lose weight. I think that refers to specifically bloggin about the whole weight loss journey. I have blogged about it in the past when I was feeling crappy about it, but I should also blog when I feel good, right? Well, I feel good today. According to my scale I am down 13 lbs from January 1st. I started the WW a little later so I am hoping to get a 10 lb star tomorrow. I was down 8.6 lbs last week (Yay!!). I also broke a bad streak of inactivity and actually got ont he treadmill last night. It felt good. I walked/ran 3.6 miles and even watched X-Weighted at the same time so I felt it was a good mix. I know that I have to watch my eating when I am stressed and when I am bored. I also have to be careful at "events centred around eating", particularly when it is stand around eating finger foods --> I tend to be almost unconscious about how much I eat. Terrible, terrible. There was a guy on X-Weighted who was coaching the "main participant", he had lost 170 lbs (from a starting point of about 400 lbs). He said it is about 70% "what you eat" so you can't rely on working out more to totally compensate for poor eating. I know from experience he is right. I only really lose when I am careful with the food. If I don't watch the food and I workout I often just eat more. So I must be vigilant!

Comments

Magnolia said…
You go, milady!
I'm flirting with my star too--I seem to be stalled this week though--I'm doing everything right and the scale won't move--MOVE DAMMIT!!

Oh, and check this link out--WONDERFUL food, low in points. I had the barbeque pizza for dinner last night. Super tasty, completely guilt free. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. I have 2 of their cookbooks as well.
Annemarie said…
Keep it up sis!!! :)

The eating is so crucial - I've increased my number of workouts sightly now that we've got the bike at home, but it's the eating right that is truly telling...

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!