Party Anxiety Overcome?

Well, this afternoon I had a Pampered Chef party. It turned out well and I think everyone had a good time. I bought more than I planned to, but they get you with the "half price items". I could have easily have bought more, so that's okay.

I had 6 guests. I invited about 35 - 40 people and I had 9 "yeses", but 3 cancelled this morning. That's where the "anxiety" in the title comes from. I don't know if I will host another such party. I think it gets a little demoralizing when only 6 people come out of a list of 35. My ego can't handle it. To be fair, many people did respond with regrets due to absolutely legitimate conflicts and I know that some people may have been put off by the "buying" aspect of the party so that may be a reason why they didn't want to come. I have certainly been hesitant in the past when I have been invited to "shopping parties" (Party-Lite, Epicure, etc...). So it is funny how I felt like when I was in junior high and not very popular and so very worried that no one would show up and I would be a big loser. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but part of me does. I don't think you ever completely get over your adolescence.

It was a very nice little party. I just don't know if I will do another. I feel uncomfortable thinking that people will feel obligated to buy stuff, when I just want them to come and enjoy the eats and drinks. It's funny, because if I had been in McMoo I would have had 20-30 people there so easily, but that's what living in a place for 15+ years will do. Also, McMoo has a different vibe than Edmonton. It is a much smaller world there.

On a brighter note - MY HOUSE IS (for all intents and purposes) IMMACULATE!! I love how clean my kitchen is. Now, can I keep it this clean? We shall see!

Comments

Magnolia said…
Hey chickie,
I'm sorry I never RSVPed. The date snuck up on me. I had rehearsal so I wouldn't have been able to come anyway. Patently rude to not respond though. I'm the loser here, not you.

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!