Sunday, March 25, 2007

Party Anxiety Overcome?

Well, this afternoon I had a Pampered Chef party. It turned out well and I think everyone had a good time. I bought more than I planned to, but they get you with the "half price items". I could have easily have bought more, so that's okay.

I had 6 guests. I invited about 35 - 40 people and I had 9 "yeses", but 3 cancelled this morning. That's where the "anxiety" in the title comes from. I don't know if I will host another such party. I think it gets a little demoralizing when only 6 people come out of a list of 35. My ego can't handle it. To be fair, many people did respond with regrets due to absolutely legitimate conflicts and I know that some people may have been put off by the "buying" aspect of the party so that may be a reason why they didn't want to come. I have certainly been hesitant in the past when I have been invited to "shopping parties" (Party-Lite, Epicure, etc...). So it is funny how I felt like when I was in junior high and not very popular and so very worried that no one would show up and I would be a big loser. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but part of me does. I don't think you ever completely get over your adolescence.

It was a very nice little party. I just don't know if I will do another. I feel uncomfortable thinking that people will feel obligated to buy stuff, when I just want them to come and enjoy the eats and drinks. It's funny, because if I had been in McMoo I would have had 20-30 people there so easily, but that's what living in a place for 15+ years will do. Also, McMoo has a different vibe than Edmonton. It is a much smaller world there.

On a brighter note - MY HOUSE IS (for all intents and purposes) IMMACULATE!! I love how clean my kitchen is. Now, can I keep it this clean? We shall see!

1 comment:

Magnolia said...

Hey chickie,
I'm sorry I never RSVPed. The date snuck up on me. I had rehearsal so I wouldn't have been able to come anyway. Patently rude to not respond though. I'm the loser here, not you.

Fringe Unforgettable! For me it starts today!

  I'll get back to my blogging about my Ontario Theatre Journey later... I'm off to my first three Fringe shows in less than an hour...