Find Your Fringe! Saturday, August 24th - One Show Day!

So... funny story... I had it in my head that my show was at 12 noon. It was Sold Out and a Hot Ticket so I made sure that I was there by just after 11 am so I would be the first in line. So I'm there... waiting... and I find it curious that there is no one else there. Not just no audience members, but no cars in the lots, so I decide to check my ticket... OH! The show starts at 2 pm, NOT NOON. It's all good, I went and found myself breakfast and returned later closer to the actual show start time. I still was first in line but this time there were other people there too! The lesson is - ALWAYS REVIEW YOUR SPREADSHEET! Ha ha ha!

So, what did I see?

High School Musical - The Disney High School Musical and Descendants movies are my guilty (?) pleasure! And I always want to see what the phenomenal Uniform Theatre company is doing so this was a combination that felt like destiny! What a great show! The cast is outstanding in a triple threat way. I have to give a shout out to the Choreographer, Kelly Webber, for the fantastic work! The basketball work in that tiny space was awesome! Earlier in the week, a Fringe patron was telling me about the show and they were floored that the entire cast could sing so well! There are some pretty talented folks on that stage - in ALL THE ROLES! It was also fun to see Edmonton Theatre Legend, Linette Smith, onstage as she's usually directing but clearly she was the perfect choice to play the Drama Teacher! Kudos to all involved. This show Sold Out their entire run before Fringe even started. That's how good they are! 

Now my Fringe is almost done. Some of you will no doubt be taking in Holdovers to catch the shows you missed. HOLDOVERS

I'm off to See Dick Piston Hotel Detective in "Prague-Nosis" and Accidental Beach: A Previously Improvised Musical today to wrap up this year's Fringe Adventure! Happy Fringing Everyone! Until next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe 2024 - Friday, August 16th - A Terrific Afternoon of Shows!

Sometimes it's hard to be nice... Lessons Learned with Donna Orbits the Moon and Spinsters in #yegtheatre this week...