So Much To See!

We are winding up October and heading into November and there is just so much to see! I will not and have not been able to get to everything. Part of that is financial and part of that is due to a lack of time. I did get to Any Night at FTA last week. I quite liked it. It was compelling and the movement and push to the piece was really strong. There are few spots where the script could be trimmed, but it's always hard to really make that assessment without the opportunity to see the piece with and without the sections. What I felt was extra might actually be essential in it's absence. In any case, if you like your 'thrills' more psychological than gory - it is a good Halloween bet!

Next week I will be checking out Love and Human Remains at the U of A. I am looking forward to this as it is a Brad Fraser piece and he is Canadian and he has a connection to Walterdale so that is cool. Plus the BFA class that is in their final year were all in my Canadian Theatre class last year so it will be nice to see them onstage again (I managed to see their R&J last year).

I also have to get to Cabaret (have my tickets), Laramie Project, and Legion Blues next month. I am not quite sure how I will fit it all in. I will do my best to make it work. My rehearsal schedule is actually quite light and since I have heard absolutely nothing from ELOPE I am assuming that I did not make it into Into the Woods so I am not waiting around on that potential rehearsal schedule. Initially I was a bit disappointed, but I am getting used to the idea and I feel that things happen for a reason so I am sure there will be something else to fuel my creative juices in the absence of Into the Woods. It is too bad - I would have rocked it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!