Spooky Time...

'Tis Halloween and Mark has taken our two boys, the pirate and the fireman, out for treats. I am always amazed at the haul they come home with. I am manning the door. So far we have had about 10 kids... it is almost 8:00 p.m. We have a big bowl of candy at the door. I am trying to be generous so as to deplete it, but even the big handfuls don't add up when you have so few kids. Earlier in the evening, Oliver drew a face on our pumpkin and I carved it out. It is quite nice... huge eyes, small nose and medium sized mouth. Looks very Tim Burtonish... I like it! I couldn't find the carver I bought last year, so I used a jack knife. I tried a steak knife, but it was too long. The jack knife was perfect. Next year, I am determined to get their costumes settled earlier. A last minute discovery that the ninja suit's zipper was toast meant a rush purchase of pirate accessories at Shoppers. Oliver is, thankfully, happy with his last minute costume, but I was not happy to be running around looking for it so late in the game!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!