To Hear My Own Words....

Last night was the "table read" for Pieces. We held it at Marsha's place and it was an opportunity for she and I to hear the play before auditions. I was a bit nervous and I realized a couple of pages in that I could feel butterflies in my stomach. It was so gratifying to hear the play aloud. I was gratified to learn that it works (at least from my perspective). There was some interesting discussion afterwards that was valuable and reaffirming. It is tough to "put yourself out there", but so rewarding when it works. I am glad that my readers were so good. I tried to invite those I thought would do justice to a cold read. Many fine actors are not great readers. I am fully intending to hand it over to Marsha with the direction and I want to observe as playwright only. It will be hard, but I need to give it away and see if it works. I now pray for excellent actors to audition and be available so that it can be realized. I hope that I have made the characters real enough that it will not require super-human qualities to pull it off successfully. That is what I tried to do.

Comments

Magnolia said…
Hey, TAG!!! You're it. Take a peek at my blog to see what I mean.

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!