Singing and Sweating

Well, last night was my 3rd night singing with Chanteuses. I felt much better after the practice last night than previously nights. I think because I was really working hard and I felt that my practicing had helped. I do find singing Sop 1 a bit of a challenge right now. It is not because I can't do it, but because I haven't been singing up there in so long that the muscles are out of practice. It is good for me because I may actually get more of a comfort zone up there if I work it. Perhaps one day I will even feel comfortable soloing up there. Who knows. I know I didn't audition for Hello Dolly because of the whole range thing. It is not because I can't sing up there, it is because I am not comfortable contemplating a solo with too many notes above a "C" (the one in FACE). I want to sound my best at all times and I tend to think i sound best in my belt. Ohhhhh. The challenge with this group is also that I feel I have to work harder, and because nobody knows me I can't ride on my reputation and I have to prove myself to "me". I feel like I have to be as good as I think I can be.

Anyhow, I am enjoying singing on a regular basis and I loved going to supper with AM beforehand. It was great to get a visit!

Comments

Magnolia said…
Ah yes the singing! I'm loving being back at it too. Hello Dolly is a ridiculously high show in general. Even singing Alto there are a bunch of times that you end up hanging around a G or A. I'm finding I'm also out of practice and really having to spend time on my own warming up and working up to it. It's like riding a bike, but that analogy tends to miss the fact that although you remember how to do it, your muscles hurt A LOT if you haven't ridden that bike in a while.
Annemarie said…
Hey Kris - just saying hi - this is the first I've been able to read your blog since you sent the link! :) Stupid cruise...... :)

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!