Grey Clouds Mixed With Blue...

In the rational part of my brain/life I know that I have many, many blue clouds floating up above me. I have a crap-load to be grateful for and rationally I appreciate those things. I really, really do. When I suss it all out, and parse it and see it all - I am in a fabulous place. But, like most people I think, I go through these phases of grey clouds. I'm in one right now. No matter how much I speak up to my irrational brain with the rational part of my brain I see negative stuff. I feel cranky. Now, there is something specific happening that does currently contribute to this - it isn't coming out of nowhere - but it is getting harder to maintain the blue cloud exterior. People say things to me and I automatically reinterpret them in my head as a negative when they could probably have been completely neutral, or maybe they were negative things and I am right and that's why I am grumpy. I don't know. I know I am sad for some things ending and feel like I am being pushed out when my job isn't officially done. I know I still feel like I deserve an apology for how I was treated, and I know that I feel further insulted by being asked to step up into a different job. I'd do a different job - but not that one, but a conversation yesterday with someone made me feel like the job I would like is not mine to have because someone else has spoken for it. So the options are to take the job I don't want or leave completely. See - grey clouds...

Comments

Annemarie said…
We'll have to chat soon.....

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!