Further Progress on the Set...

Well, the set is 99% done! Yay! Attached here is a photo of it about 85% done. Missing is the border which we painted this morning and the cyclo-rama and curtains which will further define the space. I still have a few props to get, but I am happy to report that a few of my trickier items were located today and I have a plan and a back-up plan for a couple of the others. Some of the props is just about having more time to finish them. Now that the set is pretty much complete (I say pretty much because I need to see it under the lights to figure out if I want to accent or change anything) I have the time to complete the props. Whew! I shouldn't be sweating about this. I am waaaaaay ahead of any schedule I have every worked with as a Director, but somewhere along the way my deadlines were set ridiculously early. I know I will comment on that at Post Mortem. There is a wish-list date and then there is a 'realistic' date. With doing both set and props, the wish-list date is insane. I didn't have any input on setting those deadlines... I have no idea where they came from... I'll ask about that at Post Mortem too...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!