Another Week...

I had a relatively busy week. I have done some work on Crimes of the Heart. I met with my Assistant Director and more audition requests have trickled in. I hope I don't have too many "drop ins" because most of the early slots have 5 people in them already and it screws with your time to accommodate an extra person. That's not fair to those who did it the right way.

Challenges for Oliver in school again. All three incidents have been with the same boy. From the descriptions of the events I think the other kid verbally instigates the fight and then because Oliver has trouble managing his anger he hits when he can't solve it with words. Oliver is quite honest in his re-telling and he doesn't come out looking like an angel so I have a little bit of faith in this. The problem is, because Oliver hits first he gets the more severe punishment. It doesn't seem like anything is being done with the other kid and I can't really ask because I should just worry about my own child. I have expressed concern that it always seems to be the same kid. If another incident happens and its the same kid I will push for a stronger intervention. With Oliver being at least half a head taller than most of the kids in his class I worry someone is going to get hurt. Also, because he perceives the other kid is lying in the re-telling of events he is starting to think that if you don't want to get in trouble you just lie.

Back to the gym this week for Drop-In Classes at the YMCA. I can feel my obliques. I am hoping to get there 3 days this week. Gib still fusses at babysitting but I know he is doing it to see if he can make me stay - not because he is really upset. Something weird at the Friday session. The instructor gave out "prizes" to 2 people who she felt really gave it their all. I didn't like this. Partly because I was going as hard as I could but my fitness level is not the same as many of the others in the group and partly because I was in the same "section" as one of the winners and she stopped doing the circuit at the '5 seconds left' count every single time. I went to 1 so I know. It is hard enough for me to go when I know I have to make adjustments due to my fitness level and I feel like a loser for that, but then to add a competitive thing on top of that it just makes me go back to grade 10 gym class all over again. Hmmm. Maybe I'd fell differently if I'd won.

Comments

Magnolia said…
Oh whatever dude, you'd feel guilty if you won because you would still recognize the unfairness of the prizes. That instructor's strategy is really flawed. Motivation should come from within, not because someone is dangling a prize in front of you.

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!