Just a quick post from the road!

Made it safely to Toronto last night after an uneventful plane ride, which my brother-in-law assured me are the best kinds of plane rides! A nice supper and commencement of the visiting with my sister started immediately! It is wet here - raining a lot - and I discovered that I packed optimistically with only one pair of long pants.  Everything else is capris or skirts.  So I will head out to Yonge-Eglinton Centre tomorrow to look for warmer clothes and more socks. I fully intended to be in sandals the whole time! Ha ha ha!

Anyhow, I had a great pedicure this morning while Annemarie was at work and then we met up with friends for supper.  I connected with my university roommate Jackie and met Annemarie's friend Sarah and Sarah's mother Jan.  It was a great, if quick, visit with Jackie who looks as though she has not aged a day since university. She is an actress and has just started rehearsing for her upcoming Fringe show, Mo and Jess Kill Susie.  I wish I were here in July to see it!

After dinner Annemarie, Sarah, Jan and I headed to the Soulpepper to see The National Theatre of the World Improv show Script Tease.  It's a long form improv show where they get two pages of a script from a playwright sight unseen, start the play and then finish it. Before they start they chat with the audience and get details that they weave in with the narrative.  It was exceptional! So much fun and such a high level of performance.  The improv was smart and clever and both improvisers were so connected.  Afterwards they had a talk back with the improvisors, Matt Baram and Naomi Snieckus, and the playwright, Guillermo Verdecchia. A very cool evening! I recommend checking it out as every night is different with different plays from seven playwrights.

Tomorrow - Stratford and Tommy! So excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!