Ah, that felt good...

I didn't realize how hard I had been working until last night when I was watching the Oscars at AM's house. It was so nice to just sit and laugh and watch and eat and not think about the stuff to do. I have a few days this month where I should be able to do more of this, including a trip to Toronto at the end of the month, but then Whorehouse will start up and I will be on the ride again! The thing is, it doesn't really stop even if I am not directing involved in a show, because as AD there are other things I am always working on - the next thing on the list - things with the current show - getting rights - reading scripts - planning calendars - checking in with directors -answering questions from members at the theatre - answering questions from other theatres - responding to emails - board meetings - writing reference letters - writing thank you letters - writing other letters - coordinating auditions - attending auditions - seeing shows - the list goes on. Add to that the other things I do (because I am crazy) like University, and New Works, and directing Sweeney Todd and I have very little down time. Now most of that stuff I do because I like it, but I rarely get time to just sit and be with no expectation of completing any tasks ('cause when I am home I am often folding laundry, cleaning, preparing food, etc...).

Last night was good.

Comments

Annemarie said…
Hey Kristen - I'm just writing here because I can't access hotmail at work. Send me your itinerary when you get a chance!

I've been investigating theater options:
Oh What a Lovely War - Soulpepper
Communion - Tarragon
Art - The Canadian Stage Company
The Overwhelming - The Canadian Stage Company

Dark
National Ballet
Canadian Opera Company

Mirvish has Young Frankenstein (doesn't seem too interesting)

Also, would you be interested in going for afternoon tea at the Royal York? Fairmont still thinks I'm a platinum member for some reason and sent me $100 in gift certificates I can use on food....
Finster said…
I am leaning towards Communion, but Art and The Overwhelming are interesting options (The Overwhelming sounds fairly dark... hmmm).

I haven't finished checking everything out yet, though.

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!