Tech Rehearsal - we have a show...

This last week I have been very stressed about the show. Tuesday and Thursday were not good runs for me and I was feeling panicky and generally not ready, however, yesterday was FABULOUS! Maybe it was the costumes and makeup. Maybe it was having the set (nice set!). Maybe it was my conscious effort to go to rehearsal with a VERY VERY POSITIVE attitude. Whatever it was, it worked. The afternoon run was so good! We have a show! Then in the evening when we went to the venue (Westbury) for our Tech Rehearsal we did another run and it was great, too!

On a mixed note, I did lose a duet and part of a solo. Unfortunately Fringe shows are guided by strict time lines and we had to shave about 5 minutes off the show. The duet I was not so sad about, the recit from my solo was a little harder to take, but I was determined NOT to lose more. If we didn't get the time down I would have lot the whole solo, so I told everyone to pick up their entrances so I wouldn't lose it. We luckily did well for time and my solo was saved. It is hard to work so hard and lose stuff due to time, but that is the nature of the Fringe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!