Final Days of Fringe 2012...

Despite the 14+ rating on Son of a Dwarf! we decided to take the boys to see it.  I had seen all the three previous Fringe shows from this group and had a chat with the Director about content and felt that they could handle the inappropriate humour.  Other than the 'bad words' (which they already know and know they are not to use them themselves) and a few sexual innuendo (which went right over their heads) there was nothign worry about. It was a perfect fit.  We have raised our children with an appreciation for the inappropriate - sorry about that... Anyhow, the show was much fun!  Gibson was instantly quoting lines and retelling parts of the show to me as we walked back to the car. He also felt the goat was a particularly good actor. Oliver agreed that the choice was a good fit.   I have said it before, but this group does the best job of merging film and theatre. One show left - today at 1 p.m. at the Garneau Theatre.

I am off to enjoy my last day of Fringe starting with The Colander Gals at 2 p.m. at the Trinity Lutheran Church.   I am excited to see how the show has matured over the course of Fringe.  It's been a while since I have seen the ladies. Hope to see some of you there - we can sit together!

Afterwards, back willing, I plan to head to the Fringe site to catch a few more shows. I think next year I will need to invest in a cushion or lumbar roll or something. This week has been a challenge for me.  First time ever.  I should probably get in better shape - strengthen the back muscles to prepare for Fringe! Maybe someone can put together a Fringe Training Program! on DVD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!