A New Day! Three More shows...

I woke after a lovely sleep and was thinking about why I love the Fringe so much... Just yesterday I saw three very, very different shows produced by people who are clearly passionate about what they do, and while I connected to each with different degrees of success, I felt that they all were working it and dedicated to telling their stories.  Fringe is about the taking of risks.  It's about putting it out there.  Not everything works, but that's okay.  If I look at my fringe so far - the whole thing - I have been lucky to see 7 shows, all of which were worth the money I paid to see them.  Some (Like Spring Awakening and A Bronte Burlesque) were worth far more.  That's awesome.  I have also written a play, well, a first draft.  I have eaten mini-donuts and ice cream and have drank a lot of diet coke (wait, that's normal).  I watched 2 outdoor shows - which I normally do not do.  And it's only day 6!  Today I will see  3 more shows - they range wide in scope - I think this will be my day for some crazy theatre.  I am excited.

My only sadness about Fringe is that there is no way that I will get to everything I want to see.  There are a lot of shows that I simply cannot get to... remember those 57 shows I circled in the Program?  Well, now word of mouth has lengthened the list... If I don't get there, it's not because I didn't want to.

Anyhow, I am off to Parlour Songs, then Passages and then Miss Julie.  It's going to be a wild ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!