Up on Stage Reading for Walterdale's Donor Voted Show Event!

On Friday night, I found myself in a very comfortable place.  I was back up on the Walterdale stage reading for the Donor Voted Show Event. It was a great evening that saw a nice turn-out from the membership and raised $800 for the theatre as well as helping to select one of the shows for the 2016/17 Season.  The three shows up for consideration were Queen Milli of Galt; The Attic, The Pearls and Three Fine Girls; and The Glace Bay Miner's Museum. I had a great time reading from the second selection with Kristin Johnston and Kat Evans.  John Evans was also involved reading for the other shows. It was fun to read with some really good actors who I've been lucky enough to direct before, but not perform with.

After the votes were counted, Queen Milli of Galt was declared the winner! Now Artistic Director Anne Marie Szucs has one of her shows decided for next season and she has only to select the four others to round out the roster!

A fitting end to a week I spent getting prepped for Chess, which I am directing at Walterdale later this season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!