I have had such a wonderful time working with this cast and crew. I have met so many wonderful people and been inspired by their dedication to do good work on the stage and with each other. I regained a sense of silliness and joy with them that I haven't had in a while (at least as an actor). The newer actors in the cast made me revisit my early days on the stage. The one who bailed us out when we lost a cast member made me appreciate the spirit of the show must go on and there are no small roles. Working with Afton made me realize how lazy I can be and because of her phenomenal hard work I pushed myself to be more present. It is hard to express how much I value that. It can be too easy to go through the motions and thanks to her example, I never felt like I was. It was also so lovely to share the stage with some fabulous emerging artists like Zachary, Brennan and Amanda and I hope to see them in lots more stuff and (cross fingers) work with them again. The main thing is, I got to work with some great people onstage and from our joy-filled ridiculous warm-up every night, to our creative sign-in sheet, to getting laced up every night up to bows and the Act afterwards, this has been great. I also enjoyed being a part of Janine's first directing gig at Walterdale. I am glad she got to work with this group and tackle this challenge (because it wasn't an easy script). I write about a lot of things... mostly my life, my kids, what bugs me and, of course, THEATRE...
Saturday, December 15, 2012
The Misanthrope Makes Me a Philanthrope!
Reflections on The Misanthrope Experience.
I have had such a wonderful time working with this cast and crew. I have met so many wonderful people and been inspired by their dedication to do good work on the stage and with each other. I regained a sense of silliness and joy with them that I haven't had in a while (at least as an actor). The newer actors in the cast made me revisit my early days on the stage. The one who bailed us out when we lost a cast member made me appreciate the spirit of the show must go on and there are no small roles. Working with Afton made me realize how lazy I can be and because of her phenomenal hard work I pushed myself to be more present. It is hard to express how much I value that. It can be too easy to go through the motions and thanks to her example, I never felt like I was. It was also so lovely to share the stage with some fabulous emerging artists like Zachary, Brennan and Amanda and I hope to see them in lots more stuff and (cross fingers) work with them again. The main thing is, I got to work with some great people onstage and from our joy-filled ridiculous warm-up every night, to our creative sign-in sheet, to getting laced up every night up to bows and the Act afterwards, this has been great. I also enjoyed being a part of Janine's first directing gig at Walterdale. I am glad she got to work with this group and tackle this challenge (because it wasn't an easy script).
Anyhow, I leave The Misanthrope a Pilanthrope, and that feels good.
I have had such a wonderful time working with this cast and crew. I have met so many wonderful people and been inspired by their dedication to do good work on the stage and with each other. I regained a sense of silliness and joy with them that I haven't had in a while (at least as an actor). The newer actors in the cast made me revisit my early days on the stage. The one who bailed us out when we lost a cast member made me appreciate the spirit of the show must go on and there are no small roles. Working with Afton made me realize how lazy I can be and because of her phenomenal hard work I pushed myself to be more present. It is hard to express how much I value that. It can be too easy to go through the motions and thanks to her example, I never felt like I was. It was also so lovely to share the stage with some fabulous emerging artists like Zachary, Brennan and Amanda and I hope to see them in lots more stuff and (cross fingers) work with them again. The main thing is, I got to work with some great people onstage and from our joy-filled ridiculous warm-up every night, to our creative sign-in sheet, to getting laced up every night up to bows and the Act afterwards, this has been great. I also enjoyed being a part of Janine's first directing gig at Walterdale. I am glad she got to work with this group and tackle this challenge (because it wasn't an easy script).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fringe Unforgettable! For me it starts today!
I'll get back to my blogging about my Ontario Theatre Journey later... I'm off to my first three Fringe shows in less than an hour...
-
Teatro Live ! is currently presenting a brand new play by Stewart Lemoine called I Meant What I Said . It's a bubbly little piece that d...
-
Marc J Chalifoux Photography Summer is really such a great time for theatre for me! I love it when you leave the theatre and it's still...
-
Last night I took in the Noël Coward play, Present Laughter, at Walterdale Theatre. I'm pleased to say that it produced much in the wa...
No comments:
Post a Comment