AUDITIONS - Finally a REALLY GOOD Musical Audition...

Tonight I auditioned for Baby with ELOPE. I have worked with Marie Nychka, one of the directors, 3 times before but had never met the other director Randy Mueller. I was a little nervous because since moving to Edmonton I have not had the best auditions for musicals. This is because in McMurray I was severely spoiled by having either Mike Eddy or Carol Anderson play for me and they are both geniuses on the piano. Tonight I had the magic - Randy is a genius too! Yay! Anyhow, both songs went beautifully, my monologue rocked and I am called back for Tuesday night. The songs they want me to look at are for the character I am interested in and Randy even said "she has the perfect kind of voice for this show" (yippee!). Even if I don't get it, I will feel good about what I have done. I could not have done better.

Comments

Magnolia said…
I had my audition today, I felt great about it too! I don't know about call backs yet... did they ask you right on the spot? That's pretty cool.
Finster said…
It might have been because I mentioned that I had Oliver's Christmas concert that night so I opened up the discussion...

I also (according to Randy) picked the perfect song for the audition - Stop, Time - from BIG. I guess Liz Callaway sings that song too (I didn't know that) and she's in the Baby Original cast.

I have my fingers crossed for both of us because I think it would be cool to sing with you and I can hear your voice in the songs... Does that make sense?

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!