Fringe #42 - Kicks Off Tonight!

The Fringe starts tonight! I'll be kicking it off with one show - i carry your heart with me at the Sugar Swing Ballroom. Told by a woman whose mother died of breast cancer at the age of 36, this show is likely to have some serious and sad moments so I am only seeing the one show tonight. I imagine there will also be joyful reflections, but those are just as likely to make me cry. 

I like to mix it up with my Fringe so although my Fringe this year is heavy on musicals, I have both comedies and dramas on my list. I will even pop in some improv and sketch comedy if the schedule has a convenient opening. I really want to try to fit in Plays by Bots if I can because the one I saw last year was so funny I was tearing up laughing. I'm also hoping to catch Marv n' Berry Presents: Clearly, A Pyramid Scheme and/or Scratch. 


Friday, I will be seeing Edgar Perry and Let's Talk About Your Death. The former was recommended to me by a friend whose judgement I trust. The latter features David Johnston who I am looking froward to seeing again. I think that it also will have some serious tones, but also provide some humour and release. 

I've only got the two shows planned for Friday right now, so if you know of a great show on around 3:30 or 4:30 pm - let me know! I've left these little gaps in my schedule to fill in when I hear of something I might want to see!

Happy Fringing Folks! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Preparing for Fringe #42 - life, the universe and everything...