Off to the Movies then home to finish my play...

Hey Y'all! Sometimes all I need is to start. I have thought and thought about the competition for Storybook theatre in Calgary and did a little research and mapped out some ideas for about 2 weeks, but nothing was written down. I kept leaving it and did other things. You know, games, they will kill me for taking up my time when I should be more productive. Anyhow, last night I got down to it. I looked at the calendar and realized that I have 11 days if I wanted to get it done so I had better start. I actually wrote about 15 pages last night. I figure I can really push tonight and get to about 20-25. It is hard to judge length on it because of the physical stuff in the script, but I am trying to imagine and guesstimate. In any case, I did a dramatic amount of work just by pushing through it. Plus it isn't half bad. I thought about it and decided that if I wrote "crap" I could always edit it out later. The main thing was to write it in the first place!

So now we are off to a movie, thanks to Grandma Strand and then I will try and finish the script tonight so I can send it out to my lovely "readers" who always help me when I send them things to read and comment on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!