Applications... Putting Myself Out There

Well, I got my application package ready for the Marty Chan workshop and I will send it off today. I hesitated and then I kicked myself. It doesn't hurt to apply and see what happens. Afterall, I applied for the One Act Competition at the Walterdale and my play is being produced now. I also applied for the 24 hour playwriting competition at the Enrites Festival and so I will see what happens with that. I would be excited to get into that! I figure that I just need to keep writing and writing and challenging myself and finding more opportunities for learning how to write better. I am fortunate in that my livelihood does nto depend on it, but I don't want that to be a reason for complacency. I like the idea that I am taking risks and trying things that I might not have tried 2-3 years ago. In the past I tended to rule myself out as a candidate and who knows, it might be the right thing for me to try.

Ah... Table reading for "Pieces" on February 2nd. I will be excited to hear it and nervous too. I hope that it works out and it doesn't sound like crap. A cold reading is always a challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!