Tracking Through the Fringe Progam... aka The List is Growing...

I guess it's a good year for me to not have any Fringe shows of my own as it gives me more time to see things! And as I waded through the Fringe Program my list of shows started to grow exponentially as I turned the page, at least that's how it felt.

So here's a few more on my "I think I want to see that show" list:

Letting Go of Alone - Soul Productions, Edmonton CA - Old Strathcona Performing Arts (Venue 8)
When you combine Jake Hastey of Toy Guns Dance Theatre and the talented Nadine Veroba and Justin Kautz then I really don't think you can go wrong. A new work merging dance and live music exploring relationships in the modern age. This one is definitely on the top of my list.

CLIMB - Deathbench Productions, Bellingham USA - Westbury Theatre (Venue 1)
The write-up says: Using striking visuals and unexpected humour, CLIMB fuses breathtaking aerial circus performance with four connected narratives set to an original score. I'm intrigued to see how they've merged circus aerial work with the narratives as I always like to see what happens when artists merge disciplines.

Drinking in America - Ronin Theatre, Edmonton CA - Backstage Theatre (Venue 2)
The ever charismatic Neil Kuefler attacks this series of monologues from Eric Bogosian. It might be one of the darker ones I go to, but I expect both the writing and acting to be strong, and I have to mix it up a bit with dark and light shows.  

Epic Tragedy - iiii theatricals, Edmonton CA - Walterdale Theatre (Venue 3)
I missed this Gerald Osborn comedy about Medea and Oedipus when it was at the ADFA a few years ago.  It's filled with talented local artists who know how to make an audience laugh. I'm hoping to check it out for some epic laughs.

Stones in His Pockets - Harbour Theatre, Prince Rupert, CA - King Edward School (Venue 5)
I've always wanted to see this play and here it is. Here's the description: When a film crew invades an Irish village, the movies spark big dreams in starstruck locals. Two lighthearted extras, Jake and Charlie, cultivate an uneasy friendship in a community wrestling with visions of fame and burdens of tradition.

The Dragon - Dead Rabbits Theatre, London UK - King Edward School (Venue 5)
Maybe it's the picture in the program but I keep coming back to this one. It promises kinghts and dragons and monsters and says it will be a high-powered, hilarious and touching tale. I'm going to check it out and see.

That's it for now... trust me, my list is much, much longer... stay tuned for more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!