More is Better... When it comes to Fringe Shows!

Back at it today with the Program and my calendar... It's going to be tough but even if I don't get to them all, I will come out a winner!

Here's a few more shows that are catching my eye:

Cowboy: A Cowboy Story - Accidental Humour, Edmonton, CA - Garneau Theatre
Guaranteed to be the show that brings me closest to laughing so hard I pee my pants, you cannot go wrong with Accidental Humour. I've said it before, these guys are the best at merging theatre with film and their wacky sense of humour and understanding of genre is phenomenal. Might even be the one we go to for our 20th Wedding Anniversary.

Trail and Error - Northern Sabbatical Productions, Edmonton, CA - Old Strathcona Public Library
A New Work from Linda Wood Edwards - I'm in! Plus it's got the oh-so-charming Ellen Chorley in it - Sign me up again!

We Were Dancing: Two Short Plays by Noel Coward - Bright Young Things, Edmonton CA - Varscona Theatre
It's the pedigree of the cast and creative team for this show AND you can see it in the beautiful new Varscona Theatre (which is ah-maz-ing!). Noel Coward is also a pretty good bet.

Ta Da! - Casavant Productions, Edmonton, CA - Old Strathcona Public Library
Hoping to take my youngest to this one. He's a magic buff and this show looks tailor-made for those fascinated by "how'd they do that?"

Pacamambo - Cardiac Theatre, Edmonton, CA - The Roxy on Gateway
After seeing Scorched a few years ago at the Citadel I am a big Wajdi Mouawad fan.  Also, I was impressed with Cardiac Theatre after seeing their show this past season. I am definitely up for more from them.


Next I am going to look at the musicals... Not as many as last year but some great options!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!