Struck Down By Illness...

I am still recovering from one of the worst flues that I have ever had. It started Friday with shivers and fever and a total lack of focus. I stumbled through part of the day until I couldn't anymore and then skipped out on a meeting because I really doubted my ability to drive there and home. Instead I went home and slept form 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. and still felt like crap. I woke up several times to medicate and shift and drink water. In the morning on Saturday I was not much better and I napped as I could during the day. I felt a little better on Sunday and went to Hotel For Dogs with Mark and the boys. Immediately upon returning home I fell back in bed. Not better. A long sleep and then I awake Monday morning with a bowling ball sized cold sore upon my lip. What the -?!?! I had never had one before and to be blessed with one that size through me into a tailspin which literally resulted in a 1/2 hour cry and a phone call to Mark for remedy. Since Monday I have been up and down. Feeling somewhat better in some ways and not in others. I ache in different places every few hours. The back of my head and neck have been the worst, but Mark assures me I do not have meningitis. He better be right...



It is a week later. My fingers and right knee are stiff and achey. I can stomach Diet Coke again and my appetite has returned to some degree. I am hoping for a complete recovery by Sunday...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!