Great Job Marsha!

Last night I got to see and hear the cast for my play, Pieces (it is being produced at Walterdale Playhouse in late May). There were two cast members missing due to conflicts, but I know one of the them and the fellow who filled in for the other person did a good job. I was VERY happy. It looked right and sounded right and felt good. Yay Marsha! Even though I wrote it, I felt it was a captivating story and it moved quickly in the read so I hope that can be maintained. Very nice feeling.

The other two plays we heard were good too. I imagine it is hard to cold read in front of strangers, but I think all three casts pulled it off. The three scripts are so nicely different that I hope the "comparison" thing doesn't happen. It's not a competition.

I was also delighted to see so many more "new" actors. I realize that I haven't done a lot of shows at Walterdale, but I have seen a few now and I didn't know any of the other actors, so that would mean that there was good turn out for auditions. Makes me even more appreciative of getting into Steel Magnolias.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!