A bit of this, a bit of that...

This weekend are the auditions for the One Acts. I will wait anxiously and let you know what happens. It is out of my hands. Now I should really start writing something new. I don't think I have been too bad at it, since I have two scripts "completed" in less than a year. Both were One Acts, though, and I really think I should try and get a full length script completed. Last year I made the goal of having a script to submit for APN's competition. That means I have less than 2 months to get another script written. Can I do it? Hey, if I try and I don't finish, then at least I will have part of a script written and I can go from there. Since the whole "deadline" aspect seems to work for me - I should run with it.

Went to see Les Liaisons Dangereuses at the Walterdale the other night. It was good. Some general line fumble that I will add up to the difficulty of the script and the nerves of opening night, but it was good. The lead, Valmont, was really strong. He knew how to embody the character and play the conflict of the character so that you believed him at the end. Tourvel was really strong, too. I hope I am not biased in this assessment, but I was hoping she would be good and then she was (yay!). It was a nice evening. And, since I am not a professional critic, and who knows who reads this, I will refrain from mentioning any flaws in the production. If I am not up there on stage, putting myself out there to deal with the challenges of the script, who am I to criticize? Besides, I have seen two other productions of the show so I may be biased by what I have seen before.

Oh yeah, ATCO had to change the gas meter to bring it up to code. They made the appointment for 12-2 p.m. and then showed up at 2 minutes to 2:00. Hmmmm. I was a little ticked off, because there are things I could have been doing with my afternoon that I couldn't do because I had to wait around for they guy. Now Gibby is sleeping and I can't go and do anything out of the house.

Comments

Magnolia said…
I agree with your sentiments on criticizing, we all know too well how that can sting.
I saw the show with Miss Clairee on Friday. A great time--both hanging out with our "wined-up aunt" and seeing the show. A great script, a cast eager to rise to the occasion, and risks being taken all over the place. Exciting to watch!

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!