Kids are Back in School and it is Quiet...

The kids went back to school on Wednesday. The first day was pretty busy as I had some running around to do during the day with Mark's court thing and getting photocopies made for the callbacks for Much Ado. Thursday was also a write off because I was so tired from being out so late after the call backs for the deliberations. I slept quite late on Thursday after making the lunches and packing the backpacks. Today I finally 'used' my day without kids home. I did a little organizing and finally cleaned my kitchen floor. It has needed a good wash for a couple of weeks and other than sweeping and spot cleaning, I haven't had time to really clean it. Of course, that meant that Gibson would spill a full glass on it at supper time, but it was only water so that was lucky. I found a variety of fruit that needed to be thrown out and did so. I also did some running around errands in the morning. It was a good start to the school year.

I am anxious to see how my time is going to suss out this year. I have Child Check one day a week and my Theatre History class 3 days a week and I plan to do some work at the theatre in the daytime (especially painting). Mark is talking about me working at the store, but I am not sure how that would fit in. I still have so much work to get done around the house. I was looking forward to using this time to get things done that we have put off for 2-4 years and if all the time gets filled, I will feel as out of control with my household as I have for the last year. I made some good progress with purging early in the summer and I loved how that felt. I want more of that!

I also want to get in shape - both nutritionally and physically. If I run from thing to thing, that's not going to happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!