Getting to Work on Some Stuff...

Lots of things are starting for me this month. It's September so school started for both myself and the kids. That's always shift in the rhythm of the house. I am enjoying my class but have been disappointed by the poor health of myself and the boys. I can go to class when I am sick, but not when the kids are home and I have missed 2 Mondays now, one for Gibson and one for Oliver. I hope I am not left behind. Luckily I have a pal who will share his notes with me.

Mom and I started a weekly weigh-in. I have had little progress. Well, the first week I was down 1.2 lbs, the next week I was up 2.2 lbs. I had illness and a lot of eating out to blame. I am trying to get a handle on this. I know that currently my life does not support me being thin, but I can try to get healthy, or at least healthier. I got on the treadmill today and stuck it out until I finished my full hour. I also did reps of push-ups and squats. It was not fun. It was not fun, because I have let things slide so bad and my knee is stiff (it is raining today) and I just have to do it. I will walk slower if I have to and build it up, but I am going to do my hour a day and built up the strength. I am worried about my right leg. I am encountering a lot of stiffness in the knee and pain in the hip joint. I know that I have to get this looked at. It can't be good. It could just be the weight though.

The Walterdale Season started. We had a good AGM with nice attendance and a very quick meeting and all went well. I was disappointed that a few people backed out on their contributions at the last minute, but I don't think it showed and these things happen. I know that things come up and you can't always change them, but I hope the same understanding is given if I have to let something slide periodically. Sometimes I don't feel that it's a two way street.

I am gearing up for Rabbit Hole Auditions. They are October 10th and 11th. We have a nice amount of people signed up and I feel that I will be able to create a phenomenal cast from those that have signed up. I also know I am going to have a tough time because there will be many strong people that I will have to say 'not this time' to. That is the challenge of casting.

I am also debating about auditioning for Into the Woods with ELOPE. This is one of my dream shows. There are a couple of parts I would love to do. I am worried because it will overlap Rabbit Hole with rehearsals and that is tough to do. I think I will audition and see what comes of it and make a decision after that. I will also be totally upfront about my schedule and let them know that I am totally prepared to work privately with a voice teacher on my own dime to learn music so that I am up to speed. We will see. I could change my mind if I think it will be too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!