Home for a Rest...

Okay, so I am back home and I am tired already. This is not the fault of the trip itself, but rather the return to laundry, messy kitchen, laundry, tight schedule, writing a paper (at midnight), doing payroll (at 11 p.m.), having to get up to hand the paper in, kids fighting (they were up late, too) and having lines to learn. I would love to come home to a kitchen as clean as the one I left (or cleaner, that would be awesome) but I don't think that will ever happen. I would love to not have all the laundry to deal with. Maybe some day.

I did have a great time in Toronto. It started off quite fast paced with lunch, a movie, dinner and a pub on Saturday. Then dim sum, a play, and dinner on the Sunday. We slowed down for Monday and Tuesday and fit in a mani and pedi and another movie but mostly visiting. That's what it was really for. I did want to get to a play and managed to get to the Tarragon for Daniel McIvor's new work, Communion, a great 3-hander for women of a certain age (well 2 of them, anyhow). I preferred seeing that because that is very much where my head is at with regards to theatre right now. For movies we saw Hot Tub Time Machine (a delightfully good cheesy movie) and Repo Men (extremely high budget for fake blood - but good - filmed in Toronto). It was nice to go and not have to worry about a sitter...

All in all, it was a good visit. Annie and I talked ourselves out and that was good. I got away and breathed in different air and walked a tonne and that was good. I drank some wine and laughed loudly in conversation and in watching a film and that was good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!