Filling Up the Days...

Yesterday was quite busy for me and this past week, in general, I have spent arranging meetings and planning and recording rehearsals for the various projects I have coming up. I have two current projects on-the-go. The first being the Directing/Dramaturgy of Uncle Robert's Funeral which will be read at From Cradle to Stage in May at Walterdale. It is a nice project, which does not require a ton of time on my part at this point in time because the playwright is currently working on re-writes. We had a few reads and discussion and she went away to rewrite and we come back together on next Sunday to do the same with the next draft. The other project is the one that kind of fell into my lap. A friend passed a long a message that a group was looking for a 40+ actress to play an 'aging starlet' for a play being produced at the Selkirk Hotel in Fort Edmonton Park. The dates looked good considering my other obligations and it was to be a paid gig (how cool would that be?) so I sent in my resume and head shot and schedule. I was fully prepared to be asked to audition (or not, if they had someone else) but sight unseen I was offered the role. We had a great read-through yesterday - lots of laughs - and the schedule is indeed very forgiving! I am really looking forward to this. I know the rest of the cast, but the director is new to me, but the atmosphere was really fun. It is also the kind of role I love - lots of different accents and a little bit of singing and very stylized in a 1930s kind of way. It will only be 3 shows, but that is cool - I have the most fun during the process! It is called On the Wire and was written by Nick Green.

When that wraps up we will head right into The Best Little Whorehouse. I still would like more men to sign up (and women too - the more the merrier). I need more guys than people might realize. They seem to think it is all about the girls in the Whorehouse... yikes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!