...Family Frustrating...

So, my extended family has a listserve that we can all post to. The idea is that we can share family news and photos with everyone at once and in the past it has been a lovely way for us all to keep in touch. However, over the past few days a chain of discussion has gone on regarding politics in the US (most specifically Sarah Palin's communication skills... I thought the election was over?). The problem is within my family we have a wide divergence of political opinion. We have die-hard Democrats and die-hard Republicans. We are also a family full of people who are too smart for their own good and perhaps some who may be smart but at the same time they are rather dumb about it. So this discussion was going back and forth, back and forth, back and forth... and I was worried that someone was going to get personal and we were going to have an incredibly awkward family reunion next summer. So, I put out a "Cease and Desist Order", with a please for good measure. As a result I have been chastised by an Aunt, and Uncle and a cousin (all from the same little family pod). They probably don't even realize they were rude - that's my problem with the discussion that was going on. If they don't know how they are being rude, it isn't going to be too long until someone will feel insulted. The irony is, I guess, in trying to prevent someones feelings from getting hurt by issuing the Order, I managed to get my own bruised 3 times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!