Rites of Passage...

Today Oliver started grade one. Full days, lunch at school, homework... It all begins today. I am actually a pretty relaxed Mom about this major life step. I think because I was a teacher I don't see school as something scary and I have tried hard to create enthusiasm for school within Oliver (and Gibson too). I think he was more puzzled by the fact that he didn't see all of his classmates from last year since they obviously shuffled the AM and PM Kindergarten classes. There were a few and Caelen was in his class so that was good. He also got the male teacher so I am hoping that helps to curtail his silliness a bit. He's a pretty good kid. Not shy. Not scared to try new things (except Chinese food - or "china food"). Academically I am not concerned and I really like the school. It feels like a good year has started.

Gibson will also have a "first" today. He will go to My First Pre-School at the YMCA today. He is pretty excited. He wanted to stay at the school with Oliver but I had to remove him and tell him his school would start later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!