Tuesday We Sang!

On Tuesday night, at the McDougall Church, the choir I sing with (Chanteuses) sang. We sang 5 pieces and I think it went well. It was nice to see all the work come to a performance. I do get a little stressed with this group. However, it is nice to do the work and hear the results. I loved doing Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen) and Fair Phyllis. The five pieces challenged me in different ways and I am learning that in a group like this I really have to work on NOT singing too loudly. The blend is so important. Singing Soprano 1 and doing it softly is a challenge for me. I am also used to being one of the "power" voices, so it is a new skill for me to find the right place to set my volume at. It is a real "team" kind of thing. I am going to try to figure out how to post the recordings so that you can have a listen (I may have to consult some of my "blogger friends").

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!