Away and Back Home Again...

What a great trip!  I am home now, after a long day of travelling, but it was indeed a great first time to New York City.  The first day I was a little nervous, but after negotiating the subway and walking around Times Square and Lincoln Centre and taking cabs I felt pretty good about getting around.  My friend Julie was great to travel with as she is pretty laid back and both of us were happy just to see what we could instead of seeing everything so that made it nice.

We saw Warhorse, Nice Work if You Can Get It, and Peter and the Starcatcher.  We used the TKTS system and paid half price for all of them.  I highly recommend.  The nice thing about not having been there before is that I hadn't seen anything so it made finding shows I wanted to see pretty easy.  I went knowing that I really wanted to see Warhorse, so I did.  Julie loves Gershwin so Nice Work was her top pick, so we saw that.  Peter and the Starcatcher was on the list and available for the matinee so we grabbed that one.  All three were fabulous choices.  I think Peter and the Starcatcher was my favorite, because it caught me off guard and the ensemble was so incredibly tight and hilarious, but all of them were fabulous for different reasons.  A great weekend of theatre! 

Saturday was the wedding - the primary purpose for the trip - and it was wonderful.  I love weddings - primarily the ceremony - and even more so when I feel like the people getting married totally belong together. This was certainly the case on Saturday.  Mark and Joyce are a lovely and loving couple and the wedding was so perfectly them.  The location was this beautiful, unique art space in Brooklyn Park.  They both were so happy and joyful.  It was great.

I will no doubt write more as I reflect on it, but suffice it to say - I had a great time!

* These three shows mark 39, 40, and 41 of my 2012 Theatre Goal - Goal Achieved!  Let's see how high I can go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!