Undecided...

The 2012 Alberta Provincial Election is on Monday, April 23 and I still don't know who I am voting for. My beliefs are a mish-mash of the parties on the roster. I think if most people actually knew the the actual policies they would find the same applies to them. There are some people who fit neatly into a party, but really I think most people vote based on what they think a party stands for without really understanding anything about what that party says they will do or what those policies would actually do in practice. As always during an election, I am saddened by the vitriol of the various factions. It comes worse from my friends on the left than the ones on the right - not sure why that is, but it does. Truth be told, I don't think many of us in Alberta will notice a dramatic change in our lives no matter who wins. We are pretty spoiled and we always forget this. There are some (a small percentage) who have it rough in this province, in this country, but not many. I hope I figure it out by Monday. I hope everyone who spouts the vitriol actually takes the time to READ THE POLICY PLATFORMS of each party so they actually know what they are voting for. Get engaged - the information is out there and it is much more than just the news stories and sound bites and jokes on twitter and FB. I know some people just hope for increased voter turn-out, but I would rather have informed voters than just more of them...

Comments

nance said…
Well said, Kristen.
mom

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!