Why I Love Edmonton's Arts Scene...

Because there is simply so much to see and such different types of theatre. In the past 10 days I have seen 3 very different musicals produced by community and professional theatres (see earlier post) with wide ranging budgets, talents, scripts and themes. I also saw this evening a wonderful new work from Andrea Beca called Bunburying which combined Oscar Wilde and Big Brother and is really hard to explain beyond that except that I simply loved it. Unfortunately for you, it closed tonight... perhaps she will remount it? Last night I went to a fundraising Gala evening put on by JTMF-West for HIV Edmonton. There I saw and listened to Simon-Marc deFreitas (a classical pianist), David Shepherd (a lovely singer-songwriter), 100 Mile House (a folksy trio with stand out music), as well as 3 Trevor Anderson films. I bought CDs for the middle two, because I could and because I think Mark will like them. All this in 10 days.

Now I move into tech week for From Cradle to Stage at Walterdale. I don't have much to do since I am set painter of a very small set, but I did pick up the job of make-up artist as well. I also will be rehearsing for A Little Night Music on the other nights. It never stops.

I am planning on other things to see in Edmonton, and because this city is so busy, I have my choice. I want to see the Mayfield's 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and I have tickets to Wicked at the Jube. I also want to see Teatro's When Girl's Collide (hopefully I can fit it in). I also would like to catch Edges, which is being put on by Powerhouse Performance Company. I have my fingers crossed but this is a busy week. Whew! How do the Sterling Jury members manage it all?

Comments

Unknown said…
It is always good to share the innovative ideas with others on our demand.That is the main way for the
people to know about the useful types of techniques to equip it.painters edmonton

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!