The Importance of Good Writing....

Why I think you should always go for the best...

In a recent review of Rabbit Hole, one paper said that Walterdale demonstrated it's fearlessness by even attempting the script. I found this interesting. A compliment, yes, I do not contest that, but I do think the choice of the script made perfect sense to me. I chose it because the writing was so good. I always start with the writing. I will discard a choice if the writing is simple or transparent or clunky. I do not understand why you wouldn't want to start with the absolute best - no matter who you are. In my mind, strong writing makes your job easier, not harder. You have to be so much better to overcome a flawed script. It is why so many companies do Shakespeare even today - because the writing is good. It's why you do Tennessee Williams, and Arthur Miller, and Daniel MacIvor. Because the writing is good. So I didn't see it as fearlessness, I simply thought it made good sense. I read it and understood it very clearly... the rest was just the work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!