A night out...

Last night I went to a friend's birthday party while Mark and the boys went to a Guy Fawkes party. I had fun. It was great chatting with friends I haven't seen in awhile. I stayed out too late and I am tired today, but that's okay.

I also stopped by the theatre on the way and checked in on Much Ado. I saw about a 1/3 of the show and it looks good. Some 'line' calling, but they are almost a month out (3 1/2 weeks) so I was pretty impressed. Not a script onstage! It is physical and fast but not frenetic. The cast is having fun and seem to know what they are doing. That's where I like to see a show 3 1/2 weeks out. I have some props work to get done, before we get too much closer. I need to steal a sword to build the scabbards so I will do that this weekend.

I have had to deal with some drama this week at the theatre. I knew things were running too smoothly. Sigh. I hope it is all resolved, but you never know. Cross your fingers for me. It's nothing major, but it takes my focus away from things I'd rather be doing. It also doesn't seem to be necessary drama - there is nothing to really fix, except hurt feelings and perceptions (which I perceive differently so that makes it even harder). Sigh. I think some people can't do a show without backstage drama. I prefer to leave the drama onstage. Anyhow, things are otherwise running smoothly. The set is almost done and looks lovely. The actors are almost there but for a few lines. The costumes are being sewn. I am working on the props. It will all come together. It always seems to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!