The Importance of How You Sell Your Art...

I had a short but interesting conversation with my mother about The Drowning Girls which is playing at The Citadel. She mentioned in an off-hand way that she didn't think she would like it because she thought the idea of three girls coming out of a bathtub was weird. I stopped her, having seen the show at the Catalyst a few years ago, and told her that I really felt she would like it. I know my mother, I knew the show, it is a good fit. Hopefully she will reconsider and go and see it. But doesn't it say something about what impression the media materials leave with people before they are even an audience? My mother made a decision based on how the show was being sold, even though I know she is someone who would like that show. I don't know, I found it interesting. I hope she goes and sees it now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!