Steel Magnolias - Walterdale

Just coming off the first two "real" shows of Steel Magnolias at the Walterdale (We run to the 28th of October - hint hint). What a great feeling. The role of M'Lynn has been so good for me. I usually play the loud funny one, and although I do get to be funny, I definitely have to mine much more emotional depths for her than I ever have before. I have been so pleased with how the journey has gone. At one point in the rehearsal process I went through a real feeling of "I am such a fraud" and "soon they will figure out I have just been faking it all". This happened when I started to doubt myself. Luckily I used that in the whole process and it really helped. I have been surprised at the generosity of the audiences when we come out for bows. I have never been able to immerse myself so completely in the world of the play before. Ah.

What will be next? I am still thinking about Hello Dolly! with ELOPE. With the new store it will be hard to spare a lot of time, but I haven't ruled it out. I also have yet to hear from APN about the Dramaturge for my One Act that will be produced by the Walterdale this year (May 2007 - "Pieces"). So pleased to have been selected. I also need to get back to writing beyond my Morning Pages. I have to get a shape/direction/focus for my next play and I need to edit the crap out of the one in progress that is too close to home and reality to ever be produced without really alienating some people I know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER READING! #yegbookclub

Fringe #42 - Sat, Aug 19 - Three Great Musicals and More WORD OF MOUTH Recommendations!

Bringing The Color Purple to the Stage with Joyous Song and Truthful Storytelling!